Thursday, September 6, 2012

Harry Wallop a sick stupid fucker presstitute

Organic food’s salad days are over 

With the health benefits of organic foods are called into question, one can revel in shopping for guilt-free groceries

I have a confession to make to my wife. Every time I return from the corner shop with “normal” milk rather than organic, it is not because they have sold out, as I innocently claim. It is because I have calculatingly bypassed the bottle with pretty flowers on and curly writing, and reached for a standard two-pinta.
It is my little protest. Against the tyranny of expensive, organic baby food that is taking over our fridge – all packaged in twee, smiling, happy sachets and pouches. Dancing children and sunshine, “yum yummy cookies for little tummies” and “full of simple natural goodness”.
I was brought up in an era of Findus Crispy Pancakes and Angel Delight, and it did me no harm. I look at my nine-month-old child, with his face smeared in organic butternut squash and prunes, and suspect that I have been sucked into a great middle-class con trick. A splash of highly processed milk on his morning Weetabix will do just fine, I think.
Now, it would appear, I have science on my side. Stanford University Medical Centre has concluded that there is no clear evidence of any added health benefit to organic food.                                              {....}                                                                                                                                                           “Mothers often say: 'I don’t want to run the risk’.”
But too much of child-rearing now feels as if it is about following a health-and-safety manual, and I for one feel rather resentful that I should fork out for organic just because it might be a “lower risk”. Tomorrow, the baby is going to get an extra dollop of pesticide-sprayed carrots.read on...for more stupidity

No comments:

Post a Comment