Wednesday, September 19, 2012

'Innocence of Muslims' Revealed


Thanks 4223........................................................................ MONDAY, SEPTEMBER 17, 2012


A Letter from a Scared Actress.

A few years ago, a message came in to this website on the FAQ line from a young actress from Georgia (the one from the former USSR, not the State with Atlanta in it) called Anna Gurji. She sent a link to her webpage and to films she had made in Georgia, and told me she was a fan, and if she ever came to the US, she would want to be in something of mine.



She made it to the US, and although she has never been in something of mine, she read the female lead (with Wil Wheaton as the male lead) in the first read-through of Michael Reaves' film BLOOD KISS. I was not there as a writer. I was there because I will actually act in it, playing a Hollywood director with a dark secret. So I've acted with Anna and spent time with her. She's a good sort.

She wrote to me the other day, worried.

She said,


Something very bad happened. I desperately need everyone's help right now.

I don't know how to start writing this letter. It's crazy, the world is.. life.. I'm so shattered right now, I don't know.. I feel very dead inside. 

Last summer I auditioned for an indie low budget feature movie and I landed a supporting role. The movie was about a comet falling into a desert and ancient tribes fighting over it for they thought that the comet had some magical powers.

A year later, the movie was dubbed (without the actors' permission), the lines were changed drastically and the movie was morphed into an Anti-Islam film. Even the names of the characters were changed. And the character I had scenes with GEORGE became MUHAMMAD. 

I really need your advice right now? How can I have my voice shown to the world so that I can tell them the real story.

2 comments:

  1. Sorry, don't mean to spam your blog but just thought you might want to see one more story concerning another cast member:

    http://uk.movies.yahoo.com/innocence-of-muslims-actress-denied-request-to-remove-trailer.html

    Cindy Lee Garcia.

    Funny, because Youtube has been happy to remove vids that offend other groups...

    4223

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gracias... interesting.. that is the second actor in the movie who says the movie they were hired to make is totally different to the one this ended up as...

    ReplyDelete